Skip to main content

1932 Auburn Phaeton 12-160 Questions???

• vintagerodshop
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2016 02:31 #31675 by vintagerodshop
Replied by vintagerodshop on topic Re: 1932 Auburn Phaeton 12-160 Questions???
Thanks for the reply Randy, It is a shame as i really like the effect with the browns on the car. Possibly the car was restored by someone who was into wood boats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2016 00:28 #31673 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Re: 1932 Auburn Phaeton 12-160 Questions???
Hello. Factory never used wood running boards. R

• vintagerodshop
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2016 17:16 #31670 by vintagerodshop
Replied by vintagerodshop on topic Re: 1932 Auburn Phaeton 12-160 Questions???
Yes, I agree with Randy, The front fenders are the same. The running boards on my 12 Cabriolet are made of Hardwood. Looks very nice.I am not sure if that was done during restoration due to not having steel ones. Does anybody know if that was ever a option when new?
Attachments:

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2016 17:09 #31669 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Re: 1932 Auburn Phaeton 12-160 Questions???
Hello Front fenders are the same but the fender well location is different than an 8 look for non side mounted fenders and add the wells. Yes the running boards are longer than an 8 and no they are not around. Good luck . R

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2016 03:00 #31667 by curtiss
It was great meeting some of you in Auburn last weekend, things went pretty will with our 8-98 other than a generator failure toward the end. We were able to finish out the parade and event on the square on battery.

Well, one other thing went wrong, we lost our mind and we bought our 3rd Auburn in 6 months :) This one is a 1932 12-160A Phaeton that is a good way through restoration but there is a good bit left for me to pick up and finish. The frame, drivetrain and main body are complete but still have the front metal, fenders and chrome left long with a lot of detail work.

Here are my questions. The front fenders are quite rough and the running boards are missing.

As far as I can tell the 12-160 car is about 6 inches longer than the 8-98 and according to replacement running board covers the running boards appear to be 6 inches longer. Is it just the running boards that are longer or are the front fenders also unique to the 12-160 or are they they same as the 8-98?

Wondering if you all know of anyone who has been stock piling 12-160 parts becasue I will either need to have a pair of running boards recreated or I will need to find a set of used ones? If I have to recreate a set it would be nice to find someone who has one that I could make a template from or if I could find a set of 8 series and have them extended might work also.

If I could find a pair of good front fenders I would also like to go that route rather than repairing my old ones.

The car is not here yet, it arrives tomorrow so that is when the fun and more questions begin :)