Skip to main content

1931 8-98 Correct Looking Wires

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2016 03:50 #31591 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Re: 1931 8-98 Correct Looking Wires
The original wires were "varnished" to a very high GLOSS finish. I am not sure Marsha can supply wire with this gloss finish currently (all be it I love her to death and she has made me some of the most stunning wiring harnesses that are on the Globe). Please do ask her though.

I have bought black varnished sets (for several Packards and have been most pleased) and last week received a set for a 39 LaSalle from Narragansett, though was not pleased to see it had right angle verses I believe the proper end would be straight, so back to the drawing board. I bought a Packard 440 set for the 1955 Buick Roadmaster from www.brillman.com - I called on a Saturday morning about 9:00 and they came in the Tuesday mail (great service).

www.brillman.com seems to have a variety of wire styles

Curt has the brass tops for the spark plugs.

When Charles Koch and I did the 31 Phaeton I used distributor cap ends (ex. GM style such as on a later 30's though 50's car) on the wire end that goes in the brass caps.

Also, I have been checking the wires with the ohmmeter to make sure I properly stabbed them in the cap and .....

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2016 22:00 #31586 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Re: 1931 8-98 Correct Looking Wires
This is a correctly restored engine. Contact Marsha at Rhode Island Wiring.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt
Attachments:

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2016 18:06 #31585 by curtiss
1931 8-98 Correct Looking Wires was created by curtiss
Who supplies correct looking plug wires, I am running a modern distributor cap so I need modern plug in at the distributor side?

What color should the wire be and the strip or stripes on it?