Skip to main content

Engine color question

• Rlamb10769
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 May 2016 11:41 #31175 by Rlamb10769
Replied by Rlamb10769 on topic Re: Engine color question

Curt Schulze wrote: The intake, exhaust, oil pan and some other ancillaries were painted at the same time the block.
In reference to the color of green. I stock what I believe is correct shade and color. PM or email for details. auburnsmidwest.com has a 'contact us' as well. There is info on this subject there as well.

Curt,
Just read this on your site:

RESTORATION TIP: Knowing that the paint will burn off the exhaust manifold, I would suggest a ceramic coating that takes on the appearance of cast iron. Various companies provide this.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Lambert
ACD #3371

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
29 May 2016 11:22 #31174 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Re: Engine color question
The intake, exhaust, oil pan and some other ancillaries were painted at the same time the block.
In reference to the color of green. I stock what I believe is correct shade and color. PM or email for details. auburnsmidwest.com has a 'contact us' as well. There is info on this subject there as well.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• Rlamb10769
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 May 2016 20:32 #31170 by Rlamb10769
Engine color question was created by Rlamb10769
Been looking at different 31 Auburn engine colors, some intakes are painted green same as the block and some are black, also most exhaust look silver and the oil pan is black. I got an engine color sheet but these are not on it. Could someone help me out on this.
Thanks,
Richard

Richard Lambert
ACD #3371