Question about Speedster 1932

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2004 21:51 #2018 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic Question about Speedster 1932
ANDERS
GLENN PRAY MADE 10-15 31-33 SPEEDSTER BODIES OUT OF FIBERGLASS(WHICH ARE VIRTUALLY INDISTINQUISHABLE FROM ORIGINAL OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS), VIRTUALLY ALL OF THESE WERE USED TO CONVERT SEDANS ETC. TO SPEEDSTER CONFIGURATION(USING GLASS BODY WITH ORIGINAL FRAME, FENDERS,AND HOOD), ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW OF ONE HERE IN OHIO THAT IS STILL UNUSED. ORIGINAL MOTOR AND SERIAL NUMBER OF CAR ARE ON TAG FIREWALL PASSENGER SIDE, AND SHOULD MATCH SERIAL NUMBER ON TOP OF FRAME PASSENGER SIDE JUST BEHIND FRONT AXLE(HOWEVER TO MY UNDERSTANDING MOTOR DOES NOT HAVE TO MATCH FOR CAR TO QUALIFY AS NO.1 CERTIFICATION). HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, OF COURSE PAUL BRYANT IS THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY ON ANY QUESTION OF ORIGINALITY.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• abo1978
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 Jul 2004 10:15 #2016 by abo1978
Question about Speedster 1932 was created by abo1978
Dear all

I have a little question regarding the Auburn Speedster 1932.

1) The later Auburn Speedster 851/852 is a very popular car to make replicas of, but is there to your knowledge also been built replicas of the 1932 Speedster model? And if you know of any, then when was it built and i which material?

2) Also is there examples of Auburns that wasn't orginal Speedsters later were being rebuilt as Speedsters?

3) Is there somewhere that you can check the engine and chassis number to see if they are matching and/or are true/original?

I would be very greatfull for any help, because I am currently looking at a old Auburn 1932 Speedster, which the present owner knows almost nothing about it's history.

Thank you

Sincerely

Anders Bang Olsen
Denmark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.