Skip to main content

Is there an Auburn book?

• cbs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2004 02:31 #2041 by cbs
Replied by cbs on topic Is there an Auburn book?
"Auburn & Cord" by Lee Beck and Josh Malks; Motorbooks International first published 1996; 160 pg. book going through the entire history from the beginning to the end with excellent storylines and pics/maps/diagrams/period photos and interesting perspectives of the people and products.

If you own one of these cars it's interesting because you'll learn the background and historical bits that made the conditions ripe for Auburn to create these unique products.

This book is great because it covers technical items, people and of course all the models produced from the beginning to the end. *****(5-star recommendation)

Take it to Auburn and you can even get it signed by the author!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2004 02:14 #1911 by rfloch
Replied by rfloch on topic Is there an Auburn book?
Best one I have seen is one of the Crestline series. It has a separate chapter on each year from 1900 to 1937 and an entertaining, final chapter on prototypes that-might-have-been, after that. Lots and lots of entertaining, small black and white photos-- most from the period.

"Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg", Don Butler, 1992, Motorbooks International

It's out of print, but I found a pristine copy from a used bookseller through Amazon.com. Copies probably come up on eBay too.

The new photo-archive book from the ACD Museum "Auburn Automobiles" is also good for photos.

Richard Floch

• geojunkie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
04 Jul 2004 14:15 #1910 by geojunkie
Is there an Auburn book? was created by geojunkie
The search for my first classic car is over... I just purchased a 1932 8-100a Phaeton in strong #2 condition. While looking around I had been reading Cadillac, Packard, etc. books I borrowed from a friend. These books are a great resource documenting changes in detail and providing a wealth of historical and technical information. Is there an Auburn book out there?