Skip to main content

Where are the other 6 Auburn Electric Cars?

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
14 Sep 2004 18:47 #2216 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Auburn Electric SN#1001E is now in the ACD Museum
It's no show winner, but you just don't see one of these every day. My son's Auburn Electric is now on display in the ACD Museum. A lot has been learned about these little cars in the last year.

Several ACD members, including Randy Ema, have offered valuable background information on this little car. For many years, we thought this was one-of-a-kind. Now, I have seen a picture of seven of the electric cars. I now know where two are. I have one and Terry Adderley has one.

Did any of the others survive? If you know of one, please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
22 Apr 2004 23:13 #1629 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Where are the other 6 Auburn Electric Cars?

Mike Dube wrote: Its a real beauty! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you can lend it long enough so we can all see it next Labor Day weekend!

Mike

You'll see it. It's going to be there a long time. There is no one in my family who can fit into it. It is for kids from 8 to 12 years old. It has been in our barn under wraps for 40 years (back when I was driving it.) It doesn't do anyone any good sitting in our barn, so it is going to the ACD museum.

My youngest nephews are 2 and 3 years old so the car will stay at the museum until they can drive it. Once they are through, it will go back to the museum.

• Mike Dube
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Apr 2004 23:03 #1628 by Mike Dube
Its a real beauty! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you can lend it long enough so we can all see it next Labor Day weekend!

Mike

Mike
8-100A