Auburn 653-4 Phaetons

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
12 Mar 2004 20:05 #1412 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Auburn 653-4 Phaetons
Terry,

In as much as this is the 'Year of the Auburn Six' and it is the first year that the Club has featured the six cylinder Auburns, hopefully you are planning to bring your car to Auburn for our annual reunion. We are looking for at least 60 six cylinder Auburns this year and we are looking forward to seeing yours.

As for the rarity of 654 Phaetons I am of the opinion there are not to many of them left. Most of the 654 Phaeton bodies were bolted onto 8 cylinder chassis. I have always thought that it was perculiar why someone would have ordered a deluxe body and opt for the six cylinder engine but obviously there were a few of them sold and that is why yours and the few others that still exist makes them unique. As for the one in Michigan that just was sold in an estate sale the new owner is from Wisconsin (somewhere near Greenbay) and he is a dealer. Whether or not he plans on keeping the car or selling it in unknown. It is completely restored in two-tone thrush brown, tan top, tan leather interior, orange wire wheels and or pinstripping. It had less then 200 miles on it since restoration. Somebody in Wisconsin got themselves a real jewel!

Hope to see you in Auburn with your car.

CORDially,

Al Hatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2004 17:45 #1400 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic Auburn
Al ! I have only had this car since 1969. I just am now finally finishing little odds and ends and I was driving it last fall for the first time in 34 years..Terry

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Mar 2004 17:31 #1398 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Auburn 653-4 Phaetons
Terry,

Did you just acquire the car in question from an estate settlement in the state of Michigan? Just curious.

Al Hatch

• Terry
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
06 Mar 2004 17:13 #1378 by Terry
Auburn 653-4 Phaetons was created by Terry
Can anyone tell me how many cars were made in the 1935/6 Auburn Phaeton six cylinder (653/654)cars. How many are still left and how do we get them classified as classic cars instead of special interest cars. I know that if you put the six and eight close by in a parking lot and ask the general public what the difference is that they would not be able to tell you, only that one is longer...Terry