Need help with '33 V12 Salon Research

• PushnFords
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Oct 2003 03:38 #868 by PushnFords
Replied by PushnFords on topic Need In-Progress Pictures
I'm actually covered as far as what the final product is supposed to look like. What I really need is some good shots of the frame/running gear and other in-progress shots.

For example: There are some brackets that attach to the frame to help position the hood. I found two brackets in my boxes of parts and figured out what they are. But the frame has two locations a couple of inches apart on each frame rail where they bracket could go. I'm not sure if they should go in the forward hole or the one closer to the rear of the car.

And just location of brackets in general. This frame was completely stripped years ago and pictures showing where some of the brackets are located would be a great time saver. To make things worse, not all of the parts in the pile are Auburn - I have at least 8 fuel pumps!

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lycoming-8
  • Registered
More
08 Oct 2003 04:54 #862 by Lycoming-8
Replied by Lycoming-8 on topic Need help with '33 V12 Salon Research
If you go to the pictures section of this website, there is a fairly recent posting which guides you to a couple of sets of pictures taken at the Labor Day ACD meet in Auburn. There are several pics of Salon models there in the Auburn section. Look for the fancy folded ribbon style bumpers.

'31 Auburn Coupe

• PushnFords
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
07 Oct 2003 21:44 #860 by PushnFords
Need help with '33 V12 Salon Research was created by PushnFords
I'm looking for pictures of a '33 Auburn V12 Salon or any similar model. I'm working on one that is a bare frame and LOTS of boxes of misc. parts - not all of which are correct. Any pictures at all would be appreciated or information on where to find some.

Thank you,

Derek