• Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Jul 2005 08:19 #3325 by speedster851
Replied by speedster851 on topic locating GH4750
Stan, any luck on finding the Auburn?
thanks
Clint
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
05 Sep 2003 21:03 #752 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Locating GH4750
Clint-

I knew Harold very well and sold him parts for his Cord Phaeton and the Speedster. I also remember the unusual metal top that was aerodynamically shaped. I never had the engine number or serial numbers though. I think I know where the car may be located and will pursue checking it out. I do know that the top has been copied in fiberglass and 2 or 3 have been sold. I have discussed the whereabouts with Paul Bryant and other Auburn historians and none are aware of this Speedster. It will take a while to try and locate it so if you don't hear from me, email for an update. Oh, the engine would be [u:k9ghuzkp]GH[/u:k9ghuzkp]4750 to be correct. I know where the engines on either side of this one are located so this is a good number. I don't know if it's the correct number for this car. I met your grandfather in about 1973 or 1974 when he was in charge of the Quinsippi Island Museum. Paul Bryant bought his 1935 Auburn 2 door sedan there.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• speedster851
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
31 Aug 2003 17:52 #728 by speedster851
need help locating 35 auburn..... was created by speedster851
My Grandfather Harold Raymond From Quincy, IL owned a 1935 auburn 851 boattail speedster"supercharged".
He bought it back in the 50's, it was in baskets that was shipped from europe from the war. He assembled it and it looked great. He had it till the late eighties then he passed away and the car was sold believed it went to one of the NEW states like newyork, or new jersey but we aren't sure. We would like to track down the car. This car was originally yellow but my grandfather had his painted red. It was ALL metal no fiberglass.
The cars # is either CH4750 or GH4750. I heard that there is a guy named Paul Bryant that can help me. Does anybody have his # or Email address? Thanks for any info on this car. Not sure if it has been registered with the ACD club or not. Thank You.
Clint
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]