Skip to main content

Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
11 Sep 2006 11:46 #5409 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine
Hi Richard:
No special tricks that I know of. I don't believe that the honeycomb rads can be rodded out. When you have it out, pull the pump and check the water distribution tube behind it. Often they are plugged up.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rfloch
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2006 14:34 #5390 by rfloch
Replied by rfloch on topic Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine

Curt Schulze wrote: Hi Richard:
Those plugs are there to plug the holds the factory drilled to oil the cam shaft.
Cheers
Curt

Thanks Curt. That makes sense. Good to hear from you again. The car's been running great lately except a little hot. I think it might be time to have the radiator rodded out-- haven't done that before. Any tricks to pulling the radiator out of a '34 phaeton? I assume that I have to take off the hood and front enclosure but can leave the fenders in place.

Richard Floch

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2006 11:09 #5387 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine
Hi Richard:
Those plugs are there to plug the holds the factory drilled to oil the cam shaft.
Cheers
Curt

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2006 03:33 #5384 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine
Dear Richard,
The best way to find out what these plugs are for is to remove one while the engine is running. You will cover your self and your engine comp. with OIL. These are oil galley plugs. On 35 and 36 that is where the oil supply for the supercharger comes from. You will notice that galley also runs right under the oil relief valve.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• rfloch
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
06 Sep 2006 15:46 #5362 by rfloch
Row of plugs on 8 cyl engine was created by rfloch
On an 8 cyl '34 engine there is row of what appear to be small drain plugs low on the left side of the block. There are about six of them and they are spaced about 8" apart and are angled downward at a 45° angle. The block drain for the water jacket that I am aware of is on the right side of the engine above the oil stick. Anyone know what these little left side plugs are for?

Richard Floch