Skip to main content

Basic question

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2006 03:43 #5385 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Basic question
Be sure and have tire changing equipment in your car. This would include a short piece of 2X4 to block the wheels. Be sure the jack you choose will go low enough to get under the car when the tire is flat and also will get the car high enough to put on a inflated tire. Also be sure to check the tire pres. of your side mounts when you check your other tires. I've had two flats on my L-29.
CORdially

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
27 Aug 2006 01:56 #5302 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Basic question
Mike,

I use a bottle jack, that stores easily. You don't need anything Auburn specific, just something that will safely raise the car. This and what ever you need to get your particular style of wheels off. I drive my car extensively, and have had need of tire change equipment on the road, once while in Auburn.

Mike
8-100A

More
26 Aug 2006 18:01 #5295 by bob hale
Replied by bob hale on topic Basic question
Hello there. I also have an Auburn898. I have had problems with the wheels. I carry a trolley jack. the trouble is there is no boot. nowhere to put your survival kit. I don't carry to many back seat passengers . The only time I get worried is when I am doing a wedding, as I have to leave it all at home.. Bob in England.

Regards,
Bob Hale

• michael arata
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2006 23:41 #5287 by michael arata
Basic question was created by michael arata
As an owner of a 1931 Auburn 898-A I have enjoyed taking trips in the vehicle for longer distances during the past couple of years. The car runs fine and I have increasing confidence that it is roadworthy and dependible. I do worry, however, about the potential for having a flat tire. Havind dual side mounted spares is somewhat reassuring should a flat tire occur but I do not have a jack or any equipment to change a flat tire should it occur. So, my question is did the Auburn Automobile Co equip cars with jacks and the basic tools necessary to change a flat tire? I would assume that the answer is yes. If so, where might I obtain such equipment ?