Skip to main content

Searching for the right Auburn

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2005 05:02 #3981 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic searching for the right auburn
mark

when you done working on your car you can come work on mine anytime. he he. :lol:

brent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
16 Nov 2005 03:07 #3969 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic auburn
I agree that buying the best is a good idea, but I also enjoy working on my car. It's an investment but also a fun hobby. I derive some enjoyment, knowing that I've improved the car somehow, even if it's a simple thing like finding a correct factory-marked bolt.

Mark

• asb
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2005 22:19 #3966 by asb
Replied by asb on topic Searching for the right Auburn
I am also new in this list, and would be interested in knowing why you left the 1931 Cabriolet out of the "right Auburn" list?
regards
alfredo

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 03:16 #3958 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic searching for the right auburn
jeff

my favourite is the 35/36 for what its worth.

stick to the real thing and spend the extra bucks. it will hold its value better and maybe even provide a reasonable investment return. buy the best car you can as fixing them can be expensive.

a quality car, like most things in this world, will always bring better money and retain or improve in value better than a lesser one.

good hunting

brent

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
26 Oct 2005 17:04 #3822 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Cabriolet
Hi, Jeff: There is a 6 cyl. cabriolet for sale on Ebay right now. Looks interesting and is probably priced right. Mark

• jeffstumb
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2005 14:29 #3821 by jeffstumb
Searching for the right Auburn was created by jeffstumb
I am a new member and this is my first post of this wonderful site. I have been researching Auburns for several years (bugging Jon Bill at the ACD museum) and have narrowed it down to a 35 or 36 Cabriolet or a 28, 29 or 30 Cabriolet.

There is a beautiful 28 Cabriolet for sale by and individual in the Northeast and a 29 for sale on the Significant Cars web site, but both are out of my price range.

I am looking for a nice car to take my wife on tours (CCCA, ACD, etc.). We are in our early 40s and she has finally caught the old car fever after I showed her a 36 Auburn Cabriolet.

To complicate matters even more, a man from the Midwest I talked to has a 35 Auburn boattail speedster for sale; it is an original Auburn sedan fitted with a fiberglass body. It looks nice, and is in my price range, but I am concerned about buying a "replica" and showing up for tours.

Any help, suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff