Skip to main content

1936 Auburn speedster boattail new member

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
13 Oct 2005 13:15 #3760 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic 1936 Auburn speedster boattail new member
Yes, please post some pics and numbers and we would be happy to try and help you out. Thanks

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acdclubadmin
  • Registered
More
12 Oct 2005 20:31 #3757 by acdclubadmin
Replied by acdclubadmin on topic Boattail Speedster
Send some pictures to: [email protected] I will post the pictures so that members can let you know what you have.

Serial #'s would help too. Original cars were not built from fiberglass, although there are a number of original cars with replacement fiberglass parts.

The engine should be a Lycoming Straight 8 with supercharged pipes only on the drivers side. If you have a V8 with pipes on both sides, then you have a replicar.

Welcome to the ACD Club Website!

Bill Hummel - Webmaster - ACD Club

• Biddlemail
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 Oct 2005 18:02 #3755 by Biddlemail
1936 Auburn speedster boattail new member was created by Biddlemail
I came across this car a few years ago and fell in love with it and bought it. At the time I knew nothing about the car. I still know very little. Where do I start? I would like to know if it is an orig. or replica. I was told that it is an original which was restored. It has a green metal Auburn tin sign in the eng compartment with some numbers on it. The gages have been replace with ford gages. The body parts are fiberglass, although the doors seem to be steel. If anyone could help me, I would be grateful.

Thank you,

Dave