Skip to main content

Auburn supercharger on Ebay

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2005 16:52 #3984 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Speedster
Who knows what really transpires after an auction is over. Maybe the high bidder backed out and some other lucky bidder picked it up at the lower price. I hate to suggest it, but maybe a shill was involved.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
18 Nov 2005 05:00 #3980 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic supercharger on e-bay
mark

ok thats what i understand too. the reason i asked about the price is that i was at the auction and saw the bid go to $300,000. but when i checked the kruse web site after the auction it says the car sold for $210,000. when i called kruse to question then on the accuracy of the web site, they double checked it and the guy got the sale ticket in front of him and swore up and down to me that the ticket said $210,000. i told him no way, that i didn't mishear the bid. anyway, there was no convincing him that the price was $300,000. so i began to doubt myself.

thanks for confirming that i heard it right.

and i understand the same as you that the car was bought by RM for a california client. you should try to find him as he definitely needs your supercharger.

brent

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Nov 2005 17:24 #3976 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Speedster
Brent: The speedster was sold to a phone-in bidder from Canada for $300,000. (I heard it was RM who bought it for a client.) I talked to the owner of the car before the sale, and I looked at the engine. I believe that a S/C CAN be fitted to that engine, but it would probably require some added parts. It probably would need a chain case for starters.

Anything can be done if you try hard enough.

Mark

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
17 Nov 2005 04:31 #3971 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic auburn supercharger
mark

just for interest sake, since you were there, what did you think that car sold for at the auburn spring auction. because there is some confusion about the price.

also, do you think your supercharger will fit that car, as i spoke to the winning bidder whom i bumped into at the monterey auctions who claimed that he later found out the car could not be fitted with a supercharger and consequently, since he was told differently before the sale, that he backed out of the original deal. the car was then sold to dan at RM. this all seemed a bit strange to me. any thoughts?

brent

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 17:49 #3965 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Supercharger
Brent: Thanks, I was at that auction. I was surprised that the car would sell for as much as it did, especially with no supercharger! I still have a complete S/C & manifold if anyone is interested.
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Mark

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2005 03:25 #3959 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic auburn supercharger on e-bay
mark

you should call dean kruse at kruse auctioneers. they sold a yellow 35 or 36 speedster in the spring that was missing a supercharger. tell them you want to know who bought bob passes (passport transport) boattail. maybe they would help you track down the buyer. i would have to think that he/she would really like to get their hands on your supercharger as the car was all fitted out but just lacked the charger.

i think maybe dan spendik at rm classic cars in blenheim ontario canada bought the car for a client in california. if you don't get anywhere with dean try calling dan or maybe even bob.

if you don't get anywhere, let me know and i will see if i can track it down.

good luck

brent

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2005 16:41 #3654 by ilikescars
Auburn supercharger on Ebay was created by ilikescars
Hi, Auburn fans! I will be selling a complete supercharger on Ebay, starting the twelfth of Sept (Monday) Be sure to check it out!

Mark Fax: 1-630-790-2249