Parts

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
18 Jul 2005 19:07 #3383 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Parts
Hi Allen,

I have a few Auburn parts left over. Interior window cranks w/plastic knobs, hood ornament, ash tray, interior door handles, distributor caps, rotors (both are new), rear bumper brace, etc. If you are interested e-mail me back for prices.

Al Hatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2005 09:10 #3380 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Parts
Hi, I live in Sweden and I restored my Auburn around 15 years ago
I bought the pistons from Eggemachine in Californa ( www.egge.com )
I replaced the connecting rod bearings with modern bearings from
the Zephyr 6 from 65 after honing -those seem difficult to find today so maybe a Chrysler 6 from around 1935 to 55 is a better choice.
The mains can be rebabbitted at Egge I believe - I had mine done here in Sweden and align bored. Check with Auburn Cord parts in Kansas
- They have a lot of parts for your Auburn - and I think you can get anything you want done for your car there.

Regards, Jan Linderholm

• AllenC
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Jul 2005 06:22 #3369 by AllenC
Parts was created by AllenC
Hi. Allen Cox here from Aussie. Is there a book or list of parts, NOS, Repo or Second hand that is produced for 35 36 Auburns. Or possibly a list of companies that produce Repo parts. I have heard that there is a copy of the parts catalogue for 36 auburns. If so, can I have the contact please. Where can I purchase new pistons and what is the best way to deal with main and big end bearings. regards, Allen