Skip to main content

31 Auburn Air Cleaner?

• samsonized
  • Registered
More
22 May 2005 15:20 #3184 by samsonized
Replied by samsonized on topic air cleaner
was definitely on the car when you bought it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michael arata
  • Registered
More
22 May 2005 15:11 #3183 by michael arata
Replied by michael arata on topic air filter, 1931 Auburn 898-A
I am the owner of Bill Butlers Auburn. I happened to notice recently that there is no air filter and did wonder if I was needing to pick one up. The car has been repainted and the interior and top redone this past year and I wondered if the air filter may have gotten lost in the process. Can't recall if there was a filter on the car when I bought it nearly 2 years ago.

• samsonized
  • Registered
More
13 May 2005 10:40 #3136 by samsonized
Replied by samsonized on topic air cleaner
ken i have had several 31's with aircleaners. i do not know if they were original but the car that used to belong to bill butler had an original one on it. mike i believe you know the man that ended up with that car perhaps you can get a pix for ken. i have one of the adapters that goes to the carb itself but do not have the aircleaner assembly itself mike samson

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
12 May 2005 22:26 #3133 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic 31 Auburn Air Cleaner?
Ken,

I don't believe the 8-98 was supposed to have an air cleaner. The early 8-100's didn't have one either. That said, if you drive the car, having an air cleaner is certainly a good idea.

Mike
8-100A

• Ken Dorn
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
12 May 2005 17:09 #3129 by Ken Dorn
31 Auburn Air Cleaner? was created by Ken Dorn
Does anyone know if any of the 31 Auburn 898A's came with an air cleaner on the Schebler TX carburetor? I have one on my Auburn but do not see it in the parts manual. *** I just noticed in the judging notes the air cleaner was offered in later 31 Auburns.***

With that said, does anyone know how the connection was made between the air cleaner and the rear tappet cover ventilator tube? Was this a flexible tube or a fixed tube - what material? Both the ventilator tube and the air cleaner have a 5/8" inside diameter connection.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.