Skip to main content

fuel tank sender unit

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
14 May 2022 19:31 #45413 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic fuel tank sender unit
Jack . Most King Seeley units will hold an exact calibration for about 6 months .An 8-98 std tank is 20 gallon an 8-100 std tank is 20 gallons a 12-160 std tank is 25 gallons but starting in 1932 you could get an optional 25 gallon which would show 25 gallon on the gas gauge. R
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brad Hoskins
  • Registered
More
14 May 2022 19:23 #45412 by Brad Hoskins
Replied by Brad Hoskins on topic fuel tank sender unit
Jack

It's my understanding that 31's had 20 USG tanks and 32-33 had 25 USG tanks. Not much room to go sideways so I'm guessing that the later years are deeper.

Brad

31 8-98 cabriolet

• gnutting
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 May 2022 02:24 #45369 by gnutting
fuel tank sender unit was created by gnutting
I have an 8-98A speedster. The shop tells me they have fixed the King-Seeley gauge sending unit, but it doesn't "stay fixed". KMLifestyle sells a new unit for Auburn. They tell me the tank should be 10 inches for the unit to fit, the shop says it is only 9 inches. Possible that 1933 Auburn 8 has a larger tank (the photo they sent me was for 1933)? also possible that the company that restored my car for exhibit at Amelia Island substituted a different tank (they did many, many strange things, including trying to run the King-Seeley air line under the motor mount--that didn't work!). Suggestions?

Jack Triplett
1931 Auburn 898A speedster