Looking to buy a restored Auburn 12.

More
13 Sep 2022 15:29 #45974 by SandraDMcCay
Replied by SandraDMcCay on topic Looking to buy a restored Auburn 12.
By the way, last month I was able to purchase the '34 12 salons at RM Monterey well within my means . Everything came together perfectly: the automobile was better than others I had lost out on for less money, Randy was able to stop over and look at it with me, and I was able to drive it out of their garage and into my trailer from two miles away. a long-held dream realized.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2022 20:59 #45976 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Looking to buy a restored Auburn 12.
Dreams do come true. Our 37 Cord Beverly had the cowl vents welded closed with a sheet metal cover over each. No idea when this was done. We purchased the Cord in 1961 for $300.00. It had 2 complete engines and transmissions with the drive shafts. It was stored at Shasta Mission Beverages bottling Company til about 1976. Dad N I moved it home because a fire took the extra engine parts. It was moved to my garage in 1975 where it is today safe n sound... I have been looking for the cowl vent piece because EVERYTHING under the patch area where the vents were is gone. Drains, metal, hinges.... EVERYTHING. I have tried to locate the cowl piece with all the missing parts since 1975. I found it a year ago just south of the Auburn Hotel. Price was agreed to... But never shipped. I planned to return to the festival again this year but triple bypass has kept me close to home in cardio rehab. After lunch with Randy one day about 2 months ago he offered to purchase it for me and ship it. I was speechless and thats saying a lots for me. Randy secured the piece. Called me telling me he had it in had and was shipping in minutes. Again I was speechless. It arrived here one day early. Randy called me after Auburn asking if I had it yet. Now thats a follow thru guy. I owe him more than a simple thanks. Friends like this come along once in a lifetime. I have a couple of ACD friends I think a lot of. Never give up the search.

Gary Parsons
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• CTCraig
  • CTCraig's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2022 13:55 #45985 by CTCraig
Replied by CTCraig on topic Looking to buy a restored Auburn 12.
Great story. Time to get that Cord on the road! I met Randy back in the 70s when I was just a kid. I was delighted when, after 50 years, he responded to my inquiry. Super guy.
The newsletter published my story in March/April of '21, then Hagerty picked it up, if you're bored and looking for a quick read.
www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-community/...-auburn-898-phaeton/

More
14 Sep 2022 15:37 #45986 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Looking to buy a restored Auburn 12.
That was an emotional story for me.It caused me to remember way back when in 1961. I was 10 years old seeing the Cord Dad had purchased for $300.00 with his business partner Sherm Hall of the Shasta Mission Beverages Company. They collected so many old cars in this time line. I used to look thru the expanded metal locked gates at the Cord. I also would sit in Sherms Auburn boat tail speedster believing I was driving anywhere I wanted. A 10 year old's imagination takes you anywhere. I never got to touch the Cord till Sherm told my Dad he sold it for $3000.00. Dad refused and we put the engine and sheet metal back on the car and took it to our home. It came into my ownership in 1975 when I paid Sherm $1750.00 for his half of ownership. I felt it was a wonderful opertuinity to own something like a 1937 Cord. Its been a life's work but taking so much time, money and effort. Jointing the ACD club in 1975 has really kept me involved. Regrets.... I have a few... One of them is I did not keep up my ACD membership since 1975. But always stayed involved somehow....

Gary Parsons

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds