Skip to main content

'35 Auburn hotrod

• bigtoyz
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2005 20:37 #2882 by bigtoyz
Replied by bigtoyz on topic '35 Auburn hotrod
I would have to go through some of my parents old photo albums. This may take several months but I will see what I can do.
A person had to step over the side of the car doors to get in and crawl into the trunk from the seating area. I am sure it was the original front and rear end with an Oldsmobile V8 and automatic. It was a pretty rough job but it made quite an impression on an 11 yr. old kid.
I would appreciate any information on it.
Thank you,
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2005 14:42 #2879 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic '35 Auburn hotrod
Dear Scott,

I've not heard of that Auburn but will put out some feelers. We have contacts in Salina and Wichita that may recall such an Auburn. Do you
have any old photos of it????

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• bigtoyz
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Feb 2005 22:01 #2867 by bigtoyz
'35 Auburn hotrod was created by bigtoyz
Back in the late 60's my father rescued a '35(?) Auburn from the junkyard here in MN. It was once a cabriolet but by then it had been sectioned, doors welded shut and recontoured to look european and the trunk was welded shut and smoothed over. It had an Olds drivetrain and possibly a chevy grill. All done in someones backyard. It went to an uncle in Salina KS. and was (last known) traded for a irragation water pump in western KS. At 11 yrs old, I put on many imaginary miles cruising in it. I always wanted to find it again. Anyone have any clues, ideas, remember hearing of a car that fits that description?
Thanks,
Scott