Skip to main content

851/852 Speedster Supercharged External Exhaust flex pipe shape

• AuburnNut
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Mar 2021 21:47 #42747 by AuburnNut
I can confirm that the center line radius of the curve of the exhaust #3 and #4 that goes under the car is 6 Inch. This gives adequate clearance to avoid touching the door sill or the wheel arch (in the case of exhaust #3)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2021 16:54 #42571 by ilikescars
You might want to purchase the correct pipes from one of our expert club members. Once you have the new pipes, the flex covers will line up perfectly.

• AuburnNut
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Mar 2021 18:01 - 04 Mar 2021 22:09 #42497 by AuburnNut
I'm looking for a diagram (with dimensions) of the shape of the rear 2 supercharged external exhaust flex pipes that comes from the hood, down the side of the car, then turns under the car. The attached photo shows me the general shape. I have original exhaust flex pipes (3 inch diameter), and I'm having trouble fitting them so they look right but dont' foul/touch the wheel fender. Does anyone have a diagram of the proper shape. I imagine it would be required when making the internal exhaust pipes, which are then covered with the flex pipe. The measure of the curve looks to be about a 6 inch Center Line Radius of the curve at the base based on me playing around with the flex pipe.

Many thanks. J
Photo attached of what I'm looking for.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2021 22:09 by AuburnNut.