'35 653 coupe

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2005 14:40 #2878 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic '35 653 coupe
Dear Scott

The coupes are about all gone, very few have survived. The only difference in the windshield is that it has a couple of small parts
added so it won't fold. To many have been converted into Cabriolets
and this is a shame.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2005 01:37 #2872 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic '35 653 coupe
Hello Except for minor differances the windshield is the same. If you will restore it as a coupe I will give you the windshild pieces Randy

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2005 12:46 #2869 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Auburn Coupe
YES the Auburn is rare, and YES it is worth saving. I am one of the ACD technical advisor for the 1934-1936 Auburns and have 5 of them myself.
You are in Minnesota. I am in Prescott Wisconsin which is right across the border from the Twin Cities. I have restored a cabriolet and am doing another one. I can tell you how to convert the coupe to a cabriolet . I have the parts to do it. I also have all of the original wood patterns if you want to bring your coupe back to original.
Give me a call 715-262-3183 3-9 PM central or anytime on the weekends.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• bigtoyz
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Feb 2005 21:25 #2866 by bigtoyz
'35 653 coupe was created by bigtoyz
I have the remains of a 653 coupe with a parts car. I thought it was a cabriolet but recently realized the differences. I am trying to decide whether to restore it as a coupe or as a cabriolet. I understand they are the same body but different windshield frames. I have only seen 1 picture of a coupe. Are they extremely rare? Are there any diagrams, photos, ect. to help a person build put this back together? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Scott