New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

1935 Auburn 851 Restoration

• prattm
  • prattm's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
29 Dec 2020 20:10 #41826 by prattm
1935 Auburn 851 Restoration was created by prattm
So as I dig into things I find more parts, but some of which I'm not sure if they go with this car. I have found some Ford parts in the boxes. I will post some pictures as I go along, if someone can verify or give direction I will be very grateful.

The batch I found today looks like a small top bow and a large top bow. I'm pretty sure the small one is Auburn as it matches a sketch I did off one in the early 2000's. (The small bow is incased in metal, wood showing on top) The large one has a metal piece hanging off it, but I don't know if they go together. The last pictures are of some wood pieces, I am assuming are from behind the seat??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yorkgulch
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
29 Dec 2020 20:45 #41827 by yorkgulch
Replied by yorkgulch on topic 1935 Auburn 851 Restoration
The flat wood with angle brackets in the corners is a cabriolet seat back support. Also gives support to door posts. Large bow looks like large middle bow. Can't tell on other bow it should be a channel with leather or something stackable in channel. If so its front bow. Should also have a bow that is a rod 3/8??. There is an illustration in back of most parts books for top. I think Curt has most top parts.

Auburn 851
The following user(s) said Thank You: prattm

• prattm
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
29 Dec 2020 21:39 #41829 by prattm
Replied by prattm on topic 1935 Auburn 851 Restoration
Like I said, the smaller of the two bows matches an outline I had around from an actual Auburn so I'm pretty sure it is valid. The larger bow, even if authentic is rather beat up and rotting. I have some top metal parts I will post later, maybe someone can post pictures after that of the pieces in place and what is used for the B-pillar. I'm sure the mechanism must bolt or hinge there.
Thanks!

More
29 Dec 2020 22:16 #41830 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1935 Auburn 851 Restoration
The parts, all appear to be 34-36 Auburn cabriolet. Do you have the blow up diagrams that are in the 34 parts book ? Most all of the top have been reproduced.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• prattm
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
30 Dec 2020 14:47 - 30 Dec 2020 14:48 #41836 by prattm
Replied by prattm on topic 1935 Auburn 851 Restoration
Curt
I checked every page of the 34 Parts book and mine does not have a blow up of the top. I did get this from the museum, but it was quite awhile back, it's not even bound like the prints they sell now.

If possible, can someone scan that diagram and make a pdf of it? It will probably answer a lot more questions...if not create new ones.

Matthew Pratt
Last edit: 30 Dec 2020 14:48 by prattm.

More
30 Dec 2020 15:59 #41837 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1935 Auburn 851 Restoration
send me an email, I'll send one to you.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt
The following user(s) said Thank You: prattm

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds