Skip to main content

Startix

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2020 12:48 #41077 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Startix
Yes, there is a pin that fits in the slot of the shaft. Don't forget to clean the points.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Allen
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Sep 2020 20:30 #41073 by Allen
Replied by Allen on topic Startix
Hi Gary, Here is my picture. My lever is on the post and pivots correctly. The pin that connects it to the groove on the solenoid shaft is missing.
I have latched the lever onto the brass latch by hand. There is no connection to the groove in the solenoid shaft. I am assuming that there is a pin or stirrup of some sorts that connects these two? Thank you. Allen
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
27 Sep 2020 13:20 #41068 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Startix
In my pictures the lever is riding on the post and it not riveted to anything. Under the plunger there is a very small pin that rides in the plunger brass rings. Good news for you.... I looked once again very closely at your original picture. Your NOT missing the bracket. Its just not riding in the two brass ringed area on the plunger. Now you have to take the plunger and solenoid out to once again get the lever back in the solenoid plunger two brass ringed area.

Gary Parsons

• Allen
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Sep 2020 12:49 #41067 by Allen
Replied by Allen on topic Startix
Hi Gary, Looked at your pictures and the missing piece is still hiding below the spring!!! If your startix turns up might you be able to get a picture if the lost piece please. I was thinking the piece might clip onto the solenoid shaft but in your picture it appears that it might rivet onto the swing arm with a roller that engages in the slot on the solenoid shaft?
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
29 Aug 2020 19:54 #40812 by 1748 S
Sorry but my Startix has been playing hide n seek with me. At this time I can't post a picture but... you can search my posts. I know I showed how to take apart and restore these. You are missing that lever arm.

Gary Parsons

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
29 Aug 2020 03:19 #40809 by 1748 S
Yes there is a piece missing. I have my Startix opened and will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Gary Parsons
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allen

• Allen
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Aug 2020 01:08 #40806 by Allen
Startix was created by Allen
Can someone enlighten me if there is a piece missing from the brass end washer on the lower solenoid shaft circled red? I am thinking there must be something that engages the Relay Plunger Lever (blue arrow) across to the brass latching ramp? I picture would be great? Thank you and stay healthy. Allen
Attachments: