Has anyone modified a 2nd Gen Speedster to get more leg room?

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
19 Jan 2019 05:49 #36502 by mikespeed35
More than 55,000 since 2007. The pleasure far surpasses any fit constraints. To bad we don't get any attention.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2019 19:32 #36890 by tresenreiter
I'm 190cm tall and feel sitting too high in my Glenn Pray Boattail Speedster. So I dismount the seatconsole and built a lower connection between the factory screwholes and the seat. Its better to drive for me, because now sitting 3cm lower.

Auburn 866 Boattail Speedster VIN866A102

More
04 Apr 2019 11:07 #36939 by AuburnNut
I own an Elegant Motors Speedster replica and I’m 6 ft 1”. I am able to completely stretch my left leg so it’s straight to the firewall, so it’s quite comfortable. I think the biggest issues to ensure comfort are ensuring that your seat design is pretty compact (not too thick) and it’s placement on the floor is in the optimal position. You can thin the back of the seat, if it has springs rather than just foam, by compressing the springs a little with tie downs. You can also sometimes reposition the seat a little further back and make the back slightly more vertical to squeeze a bit more room. The other issue is pedal placement. I’ve seen lots of replicas put huge pedals in poorly fitted places. This leaves too little room for the left leg to stretch out, or not at all. It isn’t that difficult to pull out the pedals and refabricate so that they feel right. I’ve done this exact same thing on my car and it makes a huge difference to the drive ability of the car.

Hope these suggestions help. Of course you can refabricate the body, but that’s a huge project in my opinion, and something I personally would never contemplate.

More
08 Apr 2019 19:51 - 08 Apr 2019 19:52 #36969 by jivanty
More than 55,000 since 2007. FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus The pleasure far surpasses any fit constraints. To bad we don't get any attention.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2019 19:52 by jivanty.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds