New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Looking for bits of wisdom towards purchase of 2nd Gen/Replica

• Gregb1954
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
13 Apr 2019 00:26 - 13 Apr 2019 23:27 #37002 by Gregb1954
I second the suggestion to contact Felix DeGeyter. He is a wonderful gent and can really offer some help. He gave me several great leads on Glenn Pray cars a couple of years ago. I also spent some time with him at last year's ACD Festival in Auburn, IN. The cars I visited were all in excellent condition and ready to enjoy. The Glenn Pray's I saw (none were the early models mentioned above) were in the $60's, 80's, and 90's.

I ended up buying a Speedster Motorcars that was made in 2011. They are worth looking at and have been selling in the $80's to 90's. I would only recommend the later Speedsters as they had refined the car quite nicely. It is also important to understand what is most important to you. For example, I thought I wanted a 4 seater until I realized they really change the look of the original dimensions. Some are stretched, and some have a shortened boattail. Legroom seemed very tight. You really need to drive the candidates as things like feel of the pedals, steering, ride, appearance, etc. can be not to your preference. I liked the Speedster except I changed all 4 of the coil/over springs to soften the ride and allow for ride firmness adjustment. Now the car rides and drives great.

Have fun on the hunt!
Last edit: 13 Apr 2019 23:27 by Gregb1954.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds