Looking for bits of wisdom towards purchase of 2nd Gen/Replica

• Gregb1954
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
13 Apr 2019 00:26 - 13 Apr 2019 23:27 #37002 by Gregb1954
I second the suggestion to contact Felix DeGeyter. He is a wonderful gent and can really offer some help. He gave me several great leads on Glenn Pray cars a couple of years ago. I also spent some time with him at last year's ACD Festival in Auburn, IN. The cars I visited were all in excellent condition and ready to enjoy. The Glenn Pray's I saw (none were the early models mentioned above) were in the $60's, 80's, and 90's.

I ended up buying a Speedster Motorcars that was made in 2011. They are worth looking at and have been selling in the $80's to 90's. I would only recommend the later Speedsters as they had refined the car quite nicely. It is also important to understand what is most important to you. For example, I thought I wanted a 4 seater until I realized they really change the look of the original dimensions. Some are stretched, and some have a shortened boattail. Legroom seemed very tight. You really need to drive the candidates as things like feel of the pedals, steering, ride, appearance, etc. can be not to your preference. I liked the Speedster except I changed all 4 of the coil/over springs to soften the ride and allow for ride firmness adjustment. Now the car rides and drives great.

Have fun on the hunt!
Last edit: 13 Apr 2019 23:27 by Gregb1954.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds