New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord 8/10 brakes

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
27 Jan 2008 23:00 #9312 by Hal Klassen
Cord 8/10 brakes was created by Hal Klassen
I just completed the conversion to a dual master cylinder brake system [without the failure warning light] and can post a complete parts list if there is any interest.
Hal Klassen #91

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
08 Feb 2008 19:36 #9470 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
Parts and information. I discovered the original M.C. was 60s full size G.M. with 4 bolt mounting. Chrysler also used 4 bolt mounting, and the Dodge Dart was sold with drum brakes, no power assist into the 70s. [dual M.C.]--- Raybestos #36338. The mounting holes had to be drilled out to 27/64" and it is a bolt up replacement. There are some wierd hole sizes on this unit, but the following fittings work -- PAP-D7910, Wea-7828, Wea-302x3, a 3/16" double flare plug and connector. Remove the 3/16 line to the rear brakes from the brass block on the frame and plug. Use connector and new 3/16 X 20" [PAP AS320] brake line to MC. Run new 1/4" [PAP-S420] line to the MC. I bench bled the MC and using an eye dropper, filled the new lines with fluid and pumped the pedal a few times to get out the air, and all was fine.
Hal Klassen

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
09 Feb 2008 03:38 #9473 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
I went to my local NAPA store and asked them for a brake bleeding eye dropper. Do you have a part No., they couldn't find one in there books? Just joking Hal. I have to have someone to pick on since I can't pick on the OTHER CORDS anymore.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Hal Klassen
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
09 Feb 2008 04:41 #9475 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
Hi Mike, wait till my wife finds out about the eye dropper. I am getting too old and fat to jack the car up and bleed the brakes, so I was quite pleased my idea worked. One thing puzzles me, why can't a board member pick on Cord owners?
Hal, [former member and former owner of 2 1936 Westchesters]

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
12 Feb 2008 06:22 #9502 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Cord 8/10 brakes
I can, and have, but now they are starting to hate me. Sometimes I just have to keep my mouth shut.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds