Skip to main content

auburn 851 speedster boattail built from ford-company?

• equator0165
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
07 May 2007 20:17 #6984 by equator0165

Josh Malks wrote: Of what material is the body made?

the seller write its made of "GFK" (plastic?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
01 May 2007 13:38 #6942 by Josh Malks
Of what material is the body made?

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• equator0165
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
01 May 2007 09:37 #6941 by equator0165
my name is j. r. grosse and i am writing from austria/europe.
i am a great fan of auburn and now is the time where i had to ask some questions.
auburn is a very rare type of car here in europe. i think there is only a handful of original models here over the atlantic.

so i am looking for a good replica model for driving here in the alps.
there are some new replica models (built in 1990 - 2000) in the european market, imported from california from different companys.
but there is one model which is interesting me : i found a replica model 851 boattail built in 1968 from the ford-company (the seller gives this information). he told us this is not a cheap replica - this is a very good and hard body.

i have never heard of such a version (ford-company built auburn in the 60th). do you have an idea or informations from such an replica and what do you think of such a car. i give you sellers- detail-informations :

selling-details: used car, 35.000 km, first drive on 09/1969, auburn speedster 851 boattail replica from auburn-ford, driven by marlene dietrich in paris and marbella/spain. specialmodel for 4 persons (maybe the only 4seater) restored and ready to drive.

i am very interested in this car, but a have no informations of the reality facts.

thanks a lot for an answer an some infos.

greatings from eastside of atlantic