Skip to main content

Convertible top folding under decklid on Auburn Speedster by CCC.

• pfree3233
  • Registered
More
15 Dec 2023 22:38 #48081 by pfree3233
Once again, someone is trying to hijack my post and add spam, I tried to report this poster but am unable with the new website. Probably a good idea not to open the link in the post below.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pfree3233
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2023 04:13 #47620 by pfree3233
Hi, not sure if this is going to help but I'm working on that same thing currently for my speedster.  The picture shows the upper door castings that anchor the pivot point for the top.  The top bows are in the down position minus the front header above the windshield. I haven't made the cloth top yet but am allowing myself enough room to get the compete top behind the seat and under the lid. Hope this helps.  Pat   

• AuburnNut
  • Registered
More
16 Jul 2022 14:11 #45697 by AuburnNut
If you Send me a private message through this website I will happily give you my contact details. You are welcome to look at my car assuming you don’t live too far away. I’ve spent 3 years restoring and improving my speedster to show condition. I’ve learned a lot along the way. I’ve given free advice to some other replica owners and sometimes I’ve taken videos of my car, then loaded it on YouTube so they could look at the various areas they were asking questions about. It’s a process that’s worked well…..plus the sharing is a two way street. I’ve learned a few things from the other guys, so I’ve appreciated that as well.
Regards JEROME

• DEColton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Jul 2022 10:22 #45695 by DEColton
Thanks for your response. I'm in the preliminary stages now as many other modifications I'm undertaking on this car. As I get closer, I will contact you. I will be attending Auburn Reunion this Labor Day and hope to photograph other replicas to assist in the conversion.

• AuburnNut
  • Registered
More
14 Jul 2022 11:03 #45685 by AuburnNut
Please keep posting your activity in this area. Very interesting modification. I’ve always thought the convertible top on a California Custom Coach car was a poor design with the convertible top support protruding through the body. It’s a vastly different process to other replica cars that closely match the original cars like Elegant Motors. If required I can put you in touch with a few other Speedster replica owners with builders who are not CCC so you can study their approach.
Feel free to contact me.
Regards
Jerome

• DEColton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 Jul 2022 10:51 #45684 by DEColton
I'm trying to find someone that has undertaken the job of getting a convertible top to fold into the area under the decklid on a California Custom Coach Speedster. If you have done this on your Speedster, I would appreciate a response. I can visualize how I need to proceed but it will take quite a few modifications.