Speedster Deck Lid Hinges

• pfree3233
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2022 15:14 #46077 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Speedster Deck Lid Hinges
Looks like another hacked post! Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pfree3233
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2022 14:49 #45423 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Speedster Deck Lid Hinges
Hi Jerome, I don't remember where I got the hinges, even though they were rough, they were at least a pattern. I contemplated making them new from steel but opted to put the work into the castings. I used the silicon bronze rod with my tig welder to do the modifications. It is some amazing stuff, a little tricky to use but works great. Thanks Pat

• AuburnNut
  • Registered
More
16 May 2022 00:17 #45421 by AuburnNut
Replied by AuburnNut on topic Speedster Deck Lid Hinges
I’ve never actually seen the hinges on an original speedster. The hinges on my Auburn Boattail Speedster replica made by Elegant Motors are not nearly as thick as your ones. I can supply photos but I don’t think you need them. When I first saw your hinges I actually thought they looked like hinges I have seen for the golf bag door on some replicas.

I like they are made from brass, albeit the casting was pretty rough. Where did you get the castings? I would love to learn brazing skills as I have never done that before.
Regards J

• pfree3233
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2022 00:06 #45420 by pfree3233
Speedster Deck Lid Hinges was created by pfree3233
Progressing further on my speedster build, had a pair of extremely rough castings that were all wrong, after much cutting, machining and welding they are now functional. Silicon Bronze welding rod is amazing! Hope you enjoy the pictures. Pat