Skip to main content

temperature sensor removal

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
19 Nov 2009 04:28 #15092 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic temperature sensor removal
I have seen the block fittings in steel also and all rusted on the inside. They may have been a replacement but I would for sure use brass to replace. I am just thinking out loud and have not tried this but what if you start the engine and run to operating temp. and see if that helps free it up. If you try this put the second nut on so you don't get flooded if it comes loose.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neal Ziff
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Nov 2009 03:47 #15091 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic temperature sensor removal
thanks Steve, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Neal

More
18 Nov 2009 14:51 #15085 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic temperature sensor removal
Hello Neal:
Your sensor bulb flange must have some crud on it that has it stuck to the inside walls of the larger fitting. If you do get the larger block fitting loose while the two are stuck together, it is going to twist your copper line as you screw it out of the block.

I would leave the larger fitting in the block and take a tiny flat blade screwdriver or pointed scribe to work around the perimeter of the bulb flange and try to pry it loose. Then the bulb will slide right out. A twelve guage shotgun cleaning brush in an electric drill will then clean out the inside of the brass block fitting before re-assembly.

Best regards,
Steve Stevens

• Neal Ziff
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Nov 2009 23:39 #15072 by Neal Ziff
temperature sensor removal was created by Neal Ziff
I'm having difficulty removing the sensor end of the temperature gauge. I can get the securing nut off, but can't withdraw the sensor. I also have not yet been able to loosen the large nut which is directly into the block. Not sure I've got all these terms correct, but I think you all get the picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Neal

Neal