Skip to main content

32 Auburn water inlet cover

• Steve Miller
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
07 May 2012 01:21 #22773 by Steve Miller
Replied by Steve Miller on topic Re: 1933 Auburn Water Jacket Baffle

WD Kelsey wrote: I am a relatively new ACD member/Auburn owner and am starting things off with a heating problem. The water jacket sideplate is next on the list to come off. Does know what issue the contains the article on creating an inlet baffle plate?

Best Regards,
David Kelsey

Try this thread
forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudwaysapps.com/phpbb2/viewto ... ght=#15568

ACD Club Life Member
If it ain't six volt, I'm probably not interested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2009 00:07 #14448 by WDKelsey
Replied by WDKelsey on topic 1933 Auburn Water Jacket Baffle
I am a relatively new ACD member/Auburn owner and am starting things off with a heating problem. The water jacket sideplate is next on the list to come off. Does know what issue the contains the article on creating an inlet baffle plate?

Best Regards,
David Kelsey

• phooper
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2007 23:04 #7345 by phooper
32 Auburn water inlet cover was created by phooper
Just thought I would provide some feedback on the creation of an inlet baffle plate for Auburns missing this plate as described in the newsletter about a year and a half ago.
I had been puzzled why my '32 ran 10-20 degrees cooler going up a hill than on level ground and why the temperature actually rose going downhill! When I had "opportunity" to replace the failed head gasket last winter I removed the side cover and found no evidence of a baffle. Following newsletter article directions I fabricated a baffle plate and flow tested it in my wife's laundry tub (she eventually forgave the mess) and adjusted the end gap and hole size until the flow was even across the plate.
I have had opportunity to drive the car this year in temperatures ranging up to 95 degrees and the engine temperature has not risen above 180 with most running staying around 160, The marked fluctuations of temperature have gone... and, I suspect, the head gasket will last longer with even temperature across the head.
I am new to this game and appreciate very much the advice and information that the newsletter and this website provide.
Thanks to all.