Skip to main content

wheel reinforcement gusset

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
09 Dec 2004 14:52 #2569 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic wheel reinforcement gusset
Does anyone else have reservations about using a light wheel for driving, no matter [i:17m3jugq]how[/i:17m3jugq] reinforced?

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Richard
  • Registered
More
09 Dec 2004 05:24 #2568 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Welded ring reinforced wheel
Balinwire-
I did a similiar reinforcement around the opening on one of my "light" style wheels, made a ring of 3/16'' dia. rod (by hand/eye, not too tough) and welded it to the OUTSIDE of the opening. There was plenty of room, and no problem with the fit of the wheel to the hub, which looks like could be a real problem with the ring welded on the inner surface. I will post a photo if I can get it to show up, wheel is now on the car with tire mounted.
Jack

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• balinwire
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
07 Dec 2004 22:31 #2563 by balinwire
wheel reinforcement gusset was created by balinwire

As you can see at the lower is a wheel that has the common bead weld repair. The upper wheel has an 1/8 in steel repair ring of plate steel welded over the inner side to reinforce the wheel. I need three of this repair part and was wondering if these are common inventory or if I have to pattern these and cut some out of stock. This seems like the best way to repair this weak spot. Any ideas, please let me know, thanks, balin'