Texas-Oklahoma Road Trip

• Bill Hummel
  • Bill Hummel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
More
30 Nov 2004 01:47 #2524 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel created the topic: Texas-Oklahoma Road Trip
On Friday, November 26th, I trailered my Cord Cabriolet from Dallas up to Witchita, Kansas to see Tom Richardson of Richardson Custom Interiors. Tom is making me a tan cloth top for my cabriolet.

On the way, I stopped in Broken Arrow, OK, to see my friend Glenn Pray. Glenn is restoring an L-29 Cabriolet which he hopes to bring to Auburn this year. Good Luck Glenn, we're looking forward to seeing you and your Cord L-29. If you need a hard to find part, contact Glenn at Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Co. at 918-251-3161

I finally made it up to Witchita about 9pm on Friday night. Here is a picture of Tom Richardson with my Cabriolet. The Top Irons were chromed by Stan Gilliland . Tom is going to be doing some woodwork and then create the light tan top. I liked the idea of Brad Waken's removable rear window panel, so I am going to let Tom do the same to my Cord. You can contact Tom at 316-263-3563

On my way back to Dallas, I stopped by Enid, OK to see my friends Brad and George Waken. Brad showed me the top that Tom Richardson made for him. I took lots of pictures of his car so I could use it as a restoration guide for my car. George showed my his collection of 13 classics. He has a couple of Packards, Jaguars, Ford Model T's, a Lincoln and a Kiser.

Currently, Brad's Cord is in pieces while he works on the engine and transmission. For all of the pictures click on the link below:

Texas-Oklahoma Road Trip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
02 Dec 2004 13:54 #2533 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Auburn/Cord Parts replied the topic: Road Trip
Bill-

All Cord convertibles, except for the earliest built, had a removable rear curtain. Gee, thanks for driving by and not stopping! :DTom knows where to get those "wire on" tips.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Bill Hummel
  • Bill Hummel's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Dec 2004 14:16 #2535 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: Wellington
Hi Stan,

My back window is 24" wide and 8" tall. It is a rather large oval. Is this an original size?

Mine looks like it is steel on the outside and tan-colored plastic on the inside. Should I attempt use this window? Thanks for the information on the rear curtain. I know a lot less than I think I do .... I am sure of it.

I really need the window guides for the wood columns. Do you have these?

===========================

I didn't know that Wellington was on the way so I hadn't budgeted any time to stop by. It was about 8 pm or so when I passed the sign. You won't be so lucky next time.

I will be back up there in a few weeks, so I will stop by. I will give you plenty or warning. I didn't realize so many of you are right along I-35.

I hope that you will be able to make it to the Texas Meet. It's going to be a good one!

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Dec 2004 00:00 #2538 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Auburn/Cord Parts replied the topic: Convertible Top Window
Bill-

You have the larger of the 2 sizes of rear window. Most convertible owners prefer the larger window. I spoke with Tom yesterday. We are polishing the window weatherseal/guides and will be ready first of week.

We are located a couple of miles west of exit 19 on the Kansas Turnpike I35. It's a little early for us to tell about the Texas meet - we'd like to be able to attend if possible.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds