Skip to main content

Cord Corp. Building at the 1934 Chicago World's Fair

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2004 20:50 #2167 by Bill Hummel
At one time, the Cord Corporation was planning to exhibit at the 1934 World's Fair in Chicago. The theme was A Century of Progress.

I recently obtained this previously unknown architectural drawing for a proposed Exhibit Building for the Cord Corporation. I gave it to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum and it is on display now.

I am guessing that these plans were drawn up several years in advance when the Corporation had plenty of funds and the future looked bright. Ultimately, Cord Corporation had a modest exhibit along with a number of other manufacturers in the General Exhibits building.

The plans were drawn by an architect named Stanley Worth Hahn. We don't know if these plans were solicited by Cord Corporation or not.

For a very large and highly detailed version of this same picture, click below:

You can either download it for viewing with your own picture editor, or you can view it online. Be sure to turn OFF Automatic Picture Resizing if you use Internet Explorer. Go to TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS - ADVANCED, then scroll down to uncheck ENABLE AUTOMATIC PICTURE RESIZING.

www.cordhaven.com/images/1934WorldsFair-Full.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.