Skip to main content

Amazing Barn Find Photos and Video

More
22 Apr 2008 02:31 #9909 by Ohio AMX
Replied by Ohio AMX on topic Amazing Barn Find Photos and Video
For barn find and auto treasure hunt fans I would also recommend both of Tom Cotter's books:
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _32540.ncm
www.motorbooks.com/Store/Product ... _38560.ncm

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Angelo Van Bogart
  • Registered
More
06 Mar 2008 03:26 #9602 by Angelo Van Bogart
Replied by Angelo Van Bogart on topic Amazing Barn Find Photos and Video
The videos Matt posted are courtesy of fellow ACD-er Eric Killorin. And while looking at that wonderful photo posted by Cordmarc of the Cord and Bugatti's, it reminded me of the new "Sleeping Beauties" book that's out featuring all of the cars in this European collection.
I'm sure many of you remember that wonderful green-colored issue of Automobile Quarterly in which a stash of Classics reposing in Europe was featured. And you probably felt like you needed "more" after reading it. Well, the photographer whose pictures were featured in that issue came out with a book called "Sleeping Beauties." Like in the AQ book, the words are limited to a story up front -- no captions and so little text, there's no chapters. Fortunately, there are lots and lots of pictures, including new images showing the cars as they were abruptly whisked away to another secret location. The book's new pics include those of the supercharged Cord sedan and L-29 Cord sedan, as well as several of the Bugatti's and other gems in this collection.
Like I said, there are no captions, and the story is relegated to a few pages at the front, but you do find out what happened after the photos were spread around the world, a little about the owner, and why he chose to move his automotive assemblage (apparently, the cars' owner didn't like to be considered a "collector.") Also, the book was written in German and translated to English, so the story is a little tough to follow in some points.
You can probably order it through www.edition-olms.com . It's now among my favorites!

• Cordmarc
  • Registered
More
01 Jan 2008 23:54 #9042 by Cordmarc
Replied by Cordmarc on topic Barn finding
Here`s an example for....can you spot it ?

i don`t want a billion bucks , i only want enough to buy a Cord 810 /812 and become a lucky man

• MattGergeni
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
02 Oct 2007 16:05 #8252 by MattGergeni
Amazing Barn Find Photos and Video was created by MattGergeni
Just when you thought all the great cars had been found, another set of doors open to reveal an amazing collection of heavy metal.
Trust us, this isn't another "too-good-to-be-true" tale of vintage metal found in a Portuguese Barn. This one is the real deal.
A lucky guy out in Maryland stumbled upon the find of a lifetime tucked away in a barn that includes twenty-five "forgotten" cars. Nestled among the dusty automotive relics was a heap of vintage metal ranging from a 1903 steam-powered Locomobile runabout to a 1954 Packard Clipper. This incredible find is every collector's dream and also included a beautiful 1937 Packard Twelve, a 1931 Renault town car and a 1912 Pierce.
All we can say is that we wish that we'd been the ones to find them!

Check out the photos and video at: [url:b93rx3wf]http://www.oldcarsweekly.com[/url:b93rx3wf]

[/img]