Ric Simpson's Millennium Cord

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
11 Aug 2003 02:22 #615 by Picture Gallery
Ric Simpson's Millennium Cord was created by Picture Gallery
Hi! This is my 1936 s/c Cord phaeton. The picture is taken while the car is in motion, passing by Niagara Falls at 12:00:00 midnight, on Dec 31-Jan 1 1999-2000. That is the Skylon Tower at Niagara Falls with the fireworks. I suggest this allows me to claim that I was the first person to drive a Cord into the 21st century and the new millennium!

I was Head of the Math Department at the local high school for over 25 years. I emphasized all those years that everyone would be celebrating the wrong year for the change of the century/millennium. There the statement in the preceding paragraph is subject to discussion. No matter, I did the same thing the following year at a better lit place. This time the local constabulary were not as quizzical about my driving through a blizzard with the top down, wearing goggles, a leather racing hat, and a Canadian Tilley hat on top of the other. It was quite a sight! Most people just said, " It's only Simpson, he's nuts!"
The blonde in the car with me, with the long flowing hair, is not my wife! She is my beloved afghan hound, Ayesha, who always enjoyed riding like a queen in the back seat of the Cord. Unfortunately she died last month and is sorely missed. Ric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.