The SUN ROOF Cord

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
06 Jul 2005 13:44 #3316 by Picture Gallery
The SUN ROOF Cord was created by Picture Gallery
The following photographs were sent to me several years ago by the late Lou Brehmer of Phoenix, Arizona. Lou had lived in Chicago in his earlier years. I don't know if he had ever been an ACD member or not but he was a long time member of the Classic Car Club Of America. Lou took these photographs in 1948.

Whether they were all on the same used car lot or not, I'm not sure but on the back of one of the pictures of the Blue Cord with the '40 Ford Headlights (a not uncommon CORD modification for the times) was written the following; Neidlingers Brothers Garage, 71st and Stoney Island Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, August 1948, Price: $750.00.

The picture of the CORD with the SUNROOF was of the most interest to me as were pretty positive that it is the 1937 Custom Beverly, my Dad longtime ACD member Marlet "Speed" Davis purchased in May of 1962 for the sum of $50.00 and still owns today unrestored. (Will try to scan the pictures of the car as found at a later date) This particular CORD was purchased new from the Merrill Madsen CORD Dealership in Minneapolis, Minnesota by Chicago Band Leader, Lou Breese (real name Luigi Calabrese) who lived in Minneapolis for 12 years.

I would love to find more information on these photographs, especially would like to find some photographs of Lou Breece with the SUNROOF CORD or any other Photographs of this car that may exist.

Any of you Chicago Area ACD people know anyone named Calabrese that might be a distant relative of Lou??????)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.