Skip to main content

Hal Bjorklund's 1937 Cord S/C Cabriolet

• Hal
  • Visitor
03 May 2003 17:10 #244 by Hal
Replied by Hal on topic Hal Bjorklund's 1937 Cord S/C Cabriolet
Thanks for the nice comments!

The wheels on the car now are Cord 16" heavy duty. The tires are 650X16 by Coker tire marked Firestone. Again, when I picked up the car it had Toronado 15" wheels, Michilen radials, Toro brakes (drums and backing plates), all of which would not work with the 16" wheels. I located a late set of Cord wheels and backing plates which required some modification to fit with the Toro axels up front.

One of the funny things was, since the car had the Toronado hubcaps I was asked by an Olds dealer if the car was a prototype for the original Toronado. I couldn't lie, so I told him "yes"!!

I believe this car originally had a continental kit installed on the rear, even though the parts for this installation were not included with the car when I bought it. The bumper bracket is also separated in the middle, allowing the continental mount to be installed, and, of course, the lights were outboard like on many of the sedans. When the paint was redone the decklid was sandblasted and there was no sign the taillights had ever been mounted on the decklid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
03 May 2003 04:25 #241 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Great looking car!
The pictures are fantastic Hal. It really is a pretty car. I have something to strive for now.

What wheels are on this car? I know you are not running the original Cord heavy wheels.

Also, what are the specifications on your tires? I have 15" rims and tires and I need to switch to 16". See how my hubcaps bulge out?

Also, my rear lights are on the trunk, not on the body like yours. Was yours a later car? I don't know why some cars have the rear lights in different places.

Check out my REAL front-wheel drive car in the background! It's a 1989 Cadillac Coupe deVille the last of the two doors ...

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
03 May 2003 04:02 #239 by Picture Gallery
Hal Bjorklund's 1937 Cord S/C Cabriolet was created by Picture Gallery
For more pictures and the fascinating details about this car, click here:

www.cordhaven.com/images/ACDForumsCars/Bjorklund/default.htm