Skip to main content

Cord Crest

• Ric Simpson
  • Registered
More
05 Apr 2004 02:19 #1538 by Ric Simpson
Replied by Ric Simpson on topic CORD Crest
I too have always wondered about the crest! I am especially intrigued with the similarity to the crest on Lee & Perrins steak sauce! I was introduced to a member of the L&P family but they were unable to shed any light on the subject.
I am also curious about the Cord front used in the set of the original production of Cats. It was painted on the stage and could only be seen well from above, like in the balcony. I saw the production close to 50 times, in London, Toronto, and Buffalo (where I assisted at the theatre for about 15 years) It was used in all productions. Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2004 15:44 #1521 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic RE: Cord Crest
Ken-

From previous research, the Cord crest was first registered in the United States in July 1929. In Europe, the Cord name relates to McCord in genealogy. It may have been used commercially rather than for family origin (automobile nameplate). References to the meaning of the background refer to "brave heart" or "true to the heart". I'm sure those who study these shields and crests can explain the meaning of the colors and symbols much better. I'm strickly an amature genealogists!

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• K Clark
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2004 23:11 #1511 by K Clark
Cord Crest was created by K Clark
To whom can answer:
I should have made sure I knew what the Cord Crest stands for, But I do not, I'm sure I have heard someone explain its meaning. I have been asked a few times, and do not like to say I don't know.
Well anyway I'm asking if anyone out there would be willing to share that information with me and who ever else reads this forum.
Thanks Ken Clark