Skip to main content

Looking for Duesenberg originally owned by W.H. Rowe Jr.

• Stephen Straughan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Mar 2004 17:56 #1503 by Stephen Straughan
Replied by Stephen Straughan on topic Re: Looking for Duesenberg originally owned by W.H. Rowe Jr.
Hello Folks

Sorry about the spelling error - here in Ontario we seldom get to see a Duesenberg let alone learn how to spell the name correctly!

Seriously any help with this shot in the dark would be sincerely appreciated.

Stephen.

[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acdclubadmin
  • New Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Mar 2004 02:32 #1500 by acdclubadmin

Stephen Straughan wrote: Hello Folks
I am new to this form so please go easy on me.

Only if you spell Duesenberg with an E instead of a U .... :D

Seriously, your research will be much easier when you search the web with the correct spelling.

Someone on this site should be able to help you. Our members live and breath ACD cars. Welcome aboard!

Bill Hummel - Webmaster - ACD Club

• Stephen Straughan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Mar 2004 01:15 #1499 by Stephen Straughan
Hello Folks

I am new to this form so please go easy on me.

I am conducting some historical research on Cottesmore Hall a large Summer estate in Cobourg Ontario once owned by the Rowe family then of Pittsburgh Pa.

The Rowe's have advised that sometime in the late 20s early 30s Wallace H. Rowe Jr. purchased a Duesenberg "Sportster" with two seats (their description). He apparently kept the automobile for many years but decided to sell it because of a distinct lack of space to accommodate his growing family on road trips.

I do know that Duesenberg did not produce a huge number of automobiles, so the chances seem good that someone out there might have some additional information about this car and perhaps advise whether it still exists.

I know that the Rowe family would be quite thrilled to know whether the car is still around and would love to see a picture of it.

Thanks