ACD Dealer List?

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
More
22 May 2010 15:48 #16826 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
The side of Rousselle Motors in Colorado Springs was revealed when the adjacent building was demolished. (A doctored photo appears on page 134 of [i:ljfttxe9] Cord Complete[/i:ljfttxe9] with the modern cars removed.) This dealership is famous in model railroad circles too. In the 1960s or so a decal of the artwork was produced and sold by Walther's in HO and O scales. Using the prices as a guide perhaps an Auburn scholar can determine the year the sign was painted.

I have the photo, if I can figure out how to upload it!

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Justin Kerns's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
22 May 2010 16:03 #16828 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
Josh, your link does not appear to work. I get an album with no photos in it. My father bought a copy of Cord Complete for me but I'm not allowed to look at it until my birthday!

I have read that the Rousselle Motors building was demolished in the 90's by the adjacent church. I haven't had a chance to go look for myself yet but maybe your information contradicts that and the building may survive? That would be great!

Jon do you happen to know if there were any dealers in Iowa? I am from Bettendorf originally and my entire family is from SE and NW Iowa.

Chris it sounds, based on the feedback I'm getting here, as though the dealer information may be fragmented. Perhaps I'll have to start a list myself.....

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

• Josh Malks
More
22 May 2010 16:14 #16829 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
Yeah, I couldn't get the links I tried to work. Where do others store their photos for uploading?

The building may well have been demolished. But the photo survives.

Justin, you could kick off a long-term and valuable project archiving the names and addresses of Auburn, Cord and Duesenberg dealers. Most of the information exists, fragmented as you say. I'll bet the museum would support this effort too. And you might check with Jon Bill regarding what they already have.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
23 May 2010 11:52 #16834 by jhcarlady
jhcarlady replied the topic: acd dealers
There are a few pictures of the dealership in toronto in the Jim Brockman collection.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• Justin Kerns
  • Justin Kerns's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
25 May 2010 03:24 #16859 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
Josh - I have a cheap account at www.fatcow.com that I use to host all my photos. I highly recommend them - although it is not free it is darn close and their customer service is awesome. Alternatively if you want to send me the photo I will post it up for you. My email is jkerns25 "at" gmail.com.

All - I will start compiling a list and view it as a long-term project. In the short term I won't have much time to aggressively research but I would love to collect whatever information members have and care to share.

Also if anyone has evidence or rumor of a specific car coming from a specific dealership I think it would be interesting to capture that information as well. I'm happy to record all the data if others can help provide it.

Please post it up here or feel free to email me at:

jkerns25 "at" gmail.com

Thanks!
Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Jun 2010 02:26 #16999 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Justin, look up Newsletter Vol. XL No. 3, 1992, p. 15, for a photo of the Rousselle Motor Co. sign.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds