• silverghost
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
20 Feb 2013 05:00 #24548 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
Mike~
Thank's for the aucton update~

I sure would like to see that car in person given our family's prior ownership connection.

I am sure J-444 will be way out of my reasonable purchase price range~~~Unless I want to sell my houses now to raise some needed fast cash ?

Oh Well~
At least I will still have those several old B&W period photos of her with Dad's uncle William Hunter, her third known owner, standing next to it !
The photos we have show J-444 just before old Howard bought her & chopped-up the original Derham tourister body to build his infamous glider & experimental airframe tow car out of her.
It's a small wonder that J-444 still survives in any form or condition today !

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
20 Feb 2013 19:22 #24555 by Jonathan Richards
Jonathan Richards replied the topic: ACD DEALER LISTJustin Kerns
Justin Kerns started this thread in May of 2010. I would like to post the
Auburn-Cord dealership for what is now the state of Hawaii , but was at
that time a territory. I conducted research to identify this dealership back in February of 2007 because a Cord Model 810 cabriolet previously
owned by my brother Charles ( a former club member ) had origins on
the island of O'Ahu.
The Polk-Husted Business Directory for 1937-1938 at Page 35 shows
an advertisement for Pacific Motors , LTD located at 1159 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu , Hawaii. Their telephone number was 3723 and their
add indicates they were distributor for " Willys -- Cord -- Auburn " as
well as for Diamond T Trucks.
I have no knowledge of ID nos. on any Auburns sold through this
dealer but believe there is credible information showing connection of
the following listed Cord Models 810/812 with Hawaii and probably with
this dealership.
S#2656F - 1936 Model 810 Cabriolet - Formerly owned by my
brother and now by G. Ornazian of Michigan
S#31643H- 1937 Model 812 Supercharged Phaeton - Shown as
now owned by one W. Bronkow of Wisconsin
S#32410S - 1937 Model 812 Supercharged Beverly - Now owned
by J. Dwyer, Jr. of Colorado.
There may well have been other Cords and or Auburns with Hawaii
Territory connections. It was all a long time ago. And , of course , there is the oft told story about a Cord open car having appeared in the frames of a B&W movie taken during the bombing of Hickam Field
at Pearl Harbor on 12-7-1941. Who knows. Jonathan Richards at
Red Oak, Iowa aka <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

• Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Feb 2013 02:26 #24560 by
replied the topic:
Brad,
In Philly there was Teefy-Seltz located at 1231 North Broad Street (maintence and parts were at 1230 N. Watts Street). They also had a showroom at 1518 Walnut Street in Allentown.

There was also another Auburn Cord dealer in Allentown but I can't find the info right now.
Jim

• silverghost
More
21 Feb 2013 02:38 #24561 by silverghost
Jim~

Thank's for the Philly Broad st. location info update .

I will have to check-out those locations when I get down to the big city and that Broad street area again.

For now I am trying Google earth photos to see what old buildings still remain at those three address locations .

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• silverghost
More
21 Feb 2013 03:33 #24562 by silverghost
Jim & guys~

From Google earth photos~~~

It appears that the Philadelphia 1231 North Broad Street showroom building might still possibly still exist . The building, and it's roof, appear to be very old .
Little has seemed to have changed, or been built new, on North Broad Street for many decades. It is not a very safe area to travel in today.

The Philadelphia 1230 N Watts street parts & maintence facility appears to be long gone and has been replaced by a fairly modern small pad-site lot centered building.

The 1518 Walnut street Allentown large dealership building might possibly still also exist today .
This looks like a combination auto dealer & service shop.

I will try to swing by the Philadelphia 1231 North Broad Street loction some day in the future.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
21 Feb 2013 05:14 #24564 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
J-444 estimate 900,000. to 1,200,000. There sure seems to be alot of zero's in old car prices now days. We have that to thank for hardly any of this type cars being driven any more.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds