ACD Dealer List?

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
More
18 Feb 2011 19:20 #19304 by Tim Gilmartin
Tim Gilmartin replied the topic: dealers
Hello all: from Randy Ema's files: a Denver, CO Auburn-Cord dealer was EJ Johnson, Inc., 1425-37 Cleveland Place, Denver.
Somewhere I have another find from an old phone book, but can't seem to find it right now.
Tim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
More
09 Feb 2013 16:10 #24462 by Tim Gilmartin
Tim Gilmartin replied the topic: Denver dealer
Hi Justin and all: from Randy Ema and a 1932 phone book; the Denver Auburn-Cord dealer was E.J.Johnson, Inc at 1425 to 1437 Cleveland Place, Denver; phone TAbor 6291. Give a call, and see who picks up!
Also, Dave McCann has reference to Folkrod Motors at 170 S. Broadway; this was in 1935.
Cleveland St. ( not Place) is a very short street nowadays. I assume there was a name change since 1932.
For historical reference purposes, I also think it would be a great idea to catalog all the dealers throughout the country, and overseas. Old phone books are a good start.
CORDially, Tim.

More
09 Feb 2013 20:33 #24464 by RandyEma
RandyEma replied the topic:
There was untill quite resently a fellow living in Windover or near there by the name of Mcbride who had a number of his fathers Cords and claimed hids dad worked at a dealership in Salt Lake . Randy

More
19 Feb 2013 07:06 #24540 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic:
Does anyone know of a dealership in Newport, KY - I keep hearing that there is a Auburn Cord sign painted internally on a wall, though do not know where the building is to go and arrange a picture to be taken.

JMM

• silverghost
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
19 Feb 2013 21:21 #24543 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
How about any names and locations of any old former ACD dealers in the general Philadelphia area ?

Many very old car dealership buildings , of various auto brands, still survive to this very day in Philly.
A few are Landark buildings like the Packard office building, and it's giant art deco first level showroom still survive and. It' multi story upper office building is now a high-end luxury condo.
The very large Packard neon sign was restored and it is lighted every night.
The Derham custom coach & bodyworks buildings still partially survive in the suburban Philly Rosemont Pa area
One is still an auto dealership.
As many ACD fans know Derham coachworks built many fine high end custom auto coaches for the Model J Duesenber;, as well as others . One such auo was J-444 a Derham tourister once first owned by actor Joe E. Brown, then later traded to a Ford dealer who in turn sold it to my great uncle William Hunter who shortly later sold it to his friend &, real estate business associate, Howard Hughes who sadly chopped off the aft end of it's coachwork and turned her into his infamous glider tow car.
J 444 still exists today with a very high quality replica Derham tourister body. It sold at auction not long ago, as I believe it was then sold-off from the late John O'Quinn estate/collection.

I believe we still have some vintage B&W period photos of William Hunter, & Duesenberg J-444, as well as some other Classic autos, while it was still in his short term ownership !

I now often wonder if any ACD dealership showroom building still survives in the general Philadelphia area here today ?

Does anyone have any address, or dealer's names ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
20 Feb 2013 03:11 #24547 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
J-444 is being Auctioned by RM at Amelia Island this year.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds