ACD Dealer List?

More
19 Dec 2010 19:07 #18833 by mason maynard
mason maynard replied the topic: auburn dealerships
I visit the Auburn showroom in Chicagos automobile row as often as possible.
It is an interesting area with the strong majority of the buildings being dealerships or in the automotive trade.
I usually order an Auburn 12 salon, in polychromatic colors ,and I have a deposit there ready to go, but I cannot make up my mind as to body style.
Seriously, if anyone is in Chicago and would like to tour the dealership, and auto row, feel free to contact me. Auto row iss mostly on Cermack rd (2200 south) and Michigan av.
There is alot of gangster history there and music history. Tours of Chess Records are available.
I would like to have all the Chicago photos of ACD cars, and belive me , many photos were shot there, in particular by Soldiers Field, downtown, and in front of a well known tall building in Hyde Park, across from todays Science and Industry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
20 Dec 2010 22:12 #18843 by Tim Gilmartin
Tim Gilmartin replied the topic: denver dealers
Justin: Somewhere in my stack of papers I have the address of an ACD dealer in Denver. It was on Cleveland St. which is a very short block. I found it by going through old phone book yellow pages at the library. Probably can do it on-line now. Anyhow, Cleveland has no dealer buildings left.

• Justin Kerns
  • Justin Kerns's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
20 Dec 2010 23:27 #18844 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
I'm sad to say I haven't made much progress on this yet but have a list of old photography studios here in town that have a lot of photography of old dealerships downtown. I intend to check with them to try to dig up some photos.

The ACD Museum has compiled an informal list of known dealers based on pieces in the archives that have dealer stamps on them and also company correspondence. It is enormous and difficult to qualify. There is no differentiation between a small repair garage that bought a part once and a full blown showroom dealer. Nevertheless it is a starting point and I'm happy to have the reference.

Tim I'd love the info on the Cleveland St. dealer sometime thanks.

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

More
14 Feb 2011 10:11 #19242 by kedeuel2008
kedeuel2008 replied the topic: ACD dealers in Utah.
:DI have a friend here that said that his father was the ACD dealer in Utah. There last name is McBride. Could you guys varifiy this for me please. :D
Thanx Kim

• Greg Frownfelter
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
14 Feb 2011 12:34 #19247 by Greg Frownfelter
Greg Frownfelter replied the topic:
I beleive John Bill at the ACD museum has such
a list.

• Justin Kerns
  • Justin Kerns's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
14 Feb 2011 19:24 #19253 by Justin Kerns
Justin Kerns replied the topic:
Greg is correct - if you email Jon at <a href="mailto:jonb@automobilemuseum.org]jonb@automobilemuseum.org[/url] he should be able to send you the Utah information they have. It is not complete or exhaustive by any means but is a good starting point.

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds