• clydester
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 May 2008 14:51 #10008 by clydester
Replied by clydester on topic Indianapolis/Duesenberg Sites
Chris,
Thanks for the tip. I went over there this past weekend. First I went north of Washington at Harding and nothing jumped out at me. Several garages but didn't look like they'd be up to the Duesenberg name. As soon as I went south of Washington, there it was. You're right that you can still see the Duesenberg name painted on the brick above the entryway. Nice looking building and now attached to the 'IndyGo" bus buildings. That should keep it safe for years to come.
I also drove along a part of Washington to see if I could spot Fred Duesenberg's house. I saw old pics of it at Dennis Duesenbergs auction in 2006. Another attendee said it was on Washington and still there. It might still be but I didn't have time to drive the entire length of town.
Where was the Duesenberg factory in relation to the machine shop?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2008 17:46 #9846 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Indianapolis/Duesenberg Sites
You can stop by the only remaining part of the factory, the machine shop at the corner of Washington & Harding. It is still recognizable from the outside, although the inside has been remodeled into offices for the city bus system. In fact, if you squint hard enough, you can barely make out the DUESENBERG MOTORS CORPORATION signage above the entrance.

I wandered around the outside for an hour taking photos and nobody bothered me.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• clydester
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2008 17:35 #9845 by clydester
Indianapolis/Duesenberg Sites was created by clydester
I'm headed over to Indy next month on some business and may have some time to kill. Anyone have specific addresses of Duesenberg sites of interest??? I think Fred's house was on washington street?? Address anyone????