Lineup

• balinwire
  • balinwire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
06 Feb 2008 20:47 #9451 by balinwire
balinwire replied the topic:
I salute everyone for the info, it must have been an exciting place to be in the fifties, parts stacked high. I understand this went on right where the ACD showroom is located.
You have to have a lot of respect for Ralph Butler to have done all those interiors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
07 Feb 2008 03:37 #9455 by Josh Malks
Josh Malks replied the topic:
I think it was Ora Shoudel, not Shoudek. And Butler's first name was Ralph, in U.S. spelling.

Otherwise, great IDing, Torsten.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Debjr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jul 2008 16:24 #10593 by Debjr
Debjr replied the topic: Re: unknown heros

balinwire wrote: Good going Randy! ID correct, now without looking, what was the supervisors name and the tailors, etc. These guys names should be as well known as Buehrig, Cord and Jenkins. There should be a walk of fame in front of the ACD museum with there names in marble club logos.

I can tell you with 100% certainty this is John McQuown. He is my grandfather and I look like his twin when you see pictures of us at the same age. He has shared so much of his knowledge and experiences with us. Although he is my grandfather, he is truly one of the most remarkable individuals I have ever had a chance to know. Come take a tour of the museum with him on Tuesday mornings. It is an truly amazing experience you won't forget.

More
08 Jul 2008 00:56 #10597 by cbsIII
cbsIII replied the topic:
Will John be working the Tuesday morning before ACD Festival weekend?

"I work for the Auburn Automobile Company. I am not an automobile race car driver although I hold more world speed records than any other man in the world" -Ab Jenkins 1937

More
22 Jul 2008 04:42 #10758 by DJT
DJT replied the topic: Re: unknown heros

Debjr wrote:

balinwire wrote: I can tell you with 100% certainty this is John McQuown. He is my grandfather and I look like his twin when you see pictures of us at the same age. He has shared so much of his knowledge and experiences with us. Although he is my grandfather, he is truly one of the most remarkable individuals I have ever had a chance to know. Come take a tour of the museum with him on Tuesday mornings. It is an truly amazing experience you won't forget.

Yep, that's our John. I worked part-time at the museum back in the early/mid 90's and got to know him pretty well.

Also see him a few times when he comes out to the dealership to get his vehicle looked at. :D

-David
member: Professional Photographer Association
TnT Shutterbug Photography
http://www.tntshutterbugphotography.com

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds