Off in England

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2003 12:38 #692 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Indian Motorcycle
You know, there IS an Indian motorcycle floating around. I will find out who has it now and who it belonged to.

There's a lot of things that "Sir" did that everyone does, but ACD Club members just don't think of him doing.

We just gave a lot of photos to Josh Malks for an upcoming Newsletter. There are some shots of him that are quite surprising. Even us grandkids remember him mostly in a coat and tie doing business but there were a few times when he would do leisurely things with us.

I am not going to spoil the surprise! An upcoming Newsletter that Josh has put together will be most interesting! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Al Hatch
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2003 11:46 #690 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Off in England
Bill,

Being somwhat of a motorcycle enthusiasts, I did not know that your grandfather 'Sir' was a motorcycle rider. Another new fact about your grandfather has floated up to the surface!

See you in Auburn.

Al Hatch

P.S. He should have taken a H-D or Indian with him. Now that would have been a story.

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2003 00:53 #686 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic green single vertical
I wonder if he had ever given consideration to motorcycle production? A Cord motorcycle? Maybe.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Aug 2003 08:51 #676 by Bill Hummel
Off in England was created by Bill Hummel

rfloch wrote: It sounds like an oversight in assembly, or a weak attempt at cutting corners in its last years when the company was in financial trouble and Mr. Cord was off in England.

Speaking of being off in England ... My brother, Rett (Errett) is sending our Grandfather's BSA restored motorcycle to the ACD Museum shortly. "Sir" used to ride it all around the English countryside.

(All of us called Virginia and E.L., Ma'am and Sir ...)

He would have been in his late 30's at that time and the motorcycle would have been a great diversion. Here it is!

As kids, we all used to ride it up and down the 4000-foot runways at his ranch in Tonopah, NV. (Circle L Ranch)