• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
29 Dec 2004 07:31 #2640 by Bill Hummel
Snow Silver was created by Bill Hummel
Hi Jim,

It's a little different! We don't get much snow in Dallas, so we do what we can to get into the spirit of the season.

It has been getting cold, so I have been using the new Central Air & Heat in my garage.

All of the Race Deck tiles are sitting behind my garage on pallets covered up with tarps.

BEFORE you lay down a new floor in a garage, you have to CLEAN it out! That is the hang up. The first thing I did was to buy two commercial shredders to dispose of a 15-foot tall stack of bank papers from the past 20 years. Have you ever tried to grind up that much paper? I smoked the two units within a half-hour. In disgust, I have thrown the rest of the paper into my van and I am looking for an incinerator.

I plan to have my garage cleaned out and the floor laid sometime in January.

Between, the family, the business, the Boy Scouts, the holidays, the Web Site, the newsletter Archiving project, a 900-mile trip to pick up my Cabriolet, and the April Texas Meet, I have my hands FULL!

But enough excuses .... the floor will be done in January and I will post photos. Thanks for asking!

Oh, by the way ... it would make me especially happy if you show up at the Texas Meet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.