Go see the new GREAT GATSBY movie!

• Bill Hummel
  • Bill Hummel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
18 Jun 2013 23:37 #25455 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel created the topic: Go see the new GREAT GATSBY movie!
What's wrong with me? I loved this movie!

It was wonderful seeing an A and a D car as the two stars in the movie! I just wish there had been a C for a clean sweep.

People (mostly teenagers and 20-somethings) sitting all around me were saying how cool the cars were. They commented on the chrome and the colors and the speed! I kept my mouth shut about the fact they were replicas. I wanted the kids to enjoy the film.

No one but us knows they were replicas. The important thing is that Auburns and Duesenbergs are now getting a little more exposure to a new, younger generation.

I also think its telling that all the Gatsby movie producers felt that a Rolls Royce didn't have the flash and star power to be the headliner car. It had to be a Duesy and I agree!

The modern music worked especially well in the movie. Lana Del Rey's Young & Beautiful was PERFECT during the scene where Gatsby and Daisy are dancing on the floating dock.

Listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1aF54DO60

It's just like Shakespeare that works when its re-done in any setting or time-period. It's a universal message about money and love and this movie works just as well as the mid -1990's version of Romeo and Juliet (by the same director)which also had modern music.

I've now seen it twice and am definitely getting it on Blu-Ray when it comes out! Apparently it was produced by Jay-Z. Good for him!

We're the ACD Club! Sure, we know what's correct and what's not. But we can also have a little fun as well!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds