Skip to main content

New chap saying hello...

• jamjarman
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2012 05:13 #22249 by jamjarman
Replied by jamjarman on topic New chap saying hello...
[img][img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x267/sirrackley/2012-01-14153120-1.jpg[/img][/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamjarman
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2012 04:59 #22248 by jamjarman
It really is, I was especially excited to see the DB5, I childhood dream to put my finger on the injectior button...[/img]

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
18 Feb 2012 01:57 #22247 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic New chap saying hello...
That's quite a collection isn't it?

Mike
8-100A

• jamjarman
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2012 19:01 #22242 by jamjarman
Hey thanks Mike,

I've always loved the Bentleys too, being a child of the 1970/80's, my thing was Italian exoctics and autobahn burners...

I was just in Cincinnati, the coldest I've been in 20 years! Now I appreciate why cars are so nice from your part of the country, the long winters give you plenty of time to fettle away in the garage.

I was lucky enough to visit with the Morman Meteour, an amazing piece of engineering art, the one year I don't go to Pebble it wins!
Cheers

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2012 14:20 #22240 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic New chap saying hello...
Welcome aboard Tony.

Better late than never. Great machines on your side of the pond also, the cars of WO Bentley come to my mind first.

Mike
8-100A

• jamjarman
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
17 Feb 2012 06:34 #22238 by jamjarman
New chap saying hello... was created by jamjarman
Hello there, my name is Tony I'm new to all this ACD stuff, I've been around cars all my life and I've even been going to Pebble for the last 12 years, but to be honest being British I wasn't much of a fan of yank tanks. Well apologies are in order, I've just started a job where I take care of a bunch of cars which include 13 pre-war examples, they consist of 2 Model J Duesenbergs, 2 Auburns, 2 L29 Cords, 4 Packards, 1 Stutz, 1 Buick and 1 Chrysler CL.
I have to say it's like being introduced to cars for the first time, I'm in awe of their engineering and beauty. I thought I knew a lot about cars, well it seems I know nothing! I feel like a student and cannot read enough about the pioneers of car design and construction.
I will need a lot of advise on the maintenance of this vehicles so I hope I can depend on the good folks of this site.
Cheers is advance,
Tony :D